Procedure and Protocol for Reading
the Minutes of Governing Body Meetings
Agreed at the Governing Body Meeting of Finance and Premises, 16 May 2016
The Governors of Hurst Knoll St James’ CE Primary School have recognised the need to safeguard the confidentiality of the School’s staff and children as well as being mindful of their obligations under The School Governance (Procedures) (England) Regulations 2003.
These procedures were agreed in light of the following:
“HKSJ is a small school and despite having confidential items and supporting minutes, inference of a possibly sensitive nature could still be made from the most general of references within the main set of minutes.”
(Paraphrased from governor minutes 16.5.16)
The procedures for reading Governor Minutes are as follows:
- All hard copies of GB minutes and associated documents should be stored in the Head Teacher’s office;
- In accordance with statutory regulations, the hard copy minutes would be made available for all to read;
- Access to the minutes would only be permitted following receipt of a written request;
- The minutes should only be read in the presence of the Head Teacher or his/her designated representative;
- No copies or facsimiles of the minutes accessed are to be made;
- In accordance with statutory regulations the GB would reserve the right to redact any part(s) of the minutes to be accessed in the interest of confidentiality and safeguarding.