At HKSJ we believe that music makes a vital contribution to learning and should be celebrated, promoted, and encouraged. All children will have weekly sessions either following the online scheme Charanga or from visiting music teachers from Tameside Music Service.
EYFS and KS1
EYFS and KS1 use the online scheme Charanga. The learning within this Scheme is based on: Listening and Appraising; Musical Activities — creating and exploring; and Singing and Performing.
In KS2 It is a privilege for us to work alongside Tameside Music Service to witness the transformational power that music brings.
Instrument-based whole class music lessons have the music curriculum firmly embedded in them, giving pupils the opportunity to learn an instrument, sing songs, and compose in a fun and engaging way.
- Be taught how to play a musical instrument by a professional musician
- Perform, listen to, and appraise music from a wide range of genres and musical periods
- Learn to sing and use their voices
- Create and compose music on their own and with others
- Acquire a practical knowledge of the interrelated dimensions: pitch, duration, dynamics, tempo, timbre, texture, structure, and appropriate musical notations.